Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Be gone....before someone drops a house on you too!

Weird. I took the "Which Wizard of Oz Character are You?" Quiz on Facebook and I could have sworn it said that I was either a member of the Lollipop Guild or a Flying Monkey. Oh Well. I just happen to have some great socks to go with this broomstick....really.
While we were with my parents in Iowa, they took us to this cute little Swedish Village called Bishop Hill. Very small, but a great place. We started out at the Bakery,where I was very tempted to instigate a "bake-off" with the head baker, but managed to control myself. Then it was off to visit several of the local shops. One shop housed the local weaver, potter and broomstick maker. Uhh...not to be confused with the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker, that's next door... Anyways, I own this broom now. Apparently, it's bad etiquette to get so "familiar" with something and then not pay for it... We really enjoyed browsing all of the handmade items and getting to be out in the sunshine. It was so nice in fact, I rode my broomstick all the way back to my folks house....da duh, da duh, da duh, duh duh!!!
Check out more of the Easter in Iowa photos on my Facebook page!

2 comments:

  1. Suuuure you did Kyleen. I loved all the pics from your trip, Bishop Hill looks right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the bread dual now. Flour flying..
    It's hard to resist handmade stuff. I like the amish jelly!

    ReplyDelete