Monday, April 6, 2009

Here Come Da.....Eggs!

They're everywhere! They're everywhere! Ahh Easter....A time to reflect on the Lord's love, his ultimate sacrifice and of course Eggs... Our "worldly" Easter festivities kicked off last weekend and just haven't stopped. The windows are donned with kid-colored Easter Eggs, the Bunny is on the door and the boughs of the Easter Tree have been adorned (well, just a couple of the boughs. I give the kids all these ornaments and they put them all on the same branch...whatever). At our house Easter Time usually means Craft Time. I can just smell the glue and glitter in the air! Pipe Cleaners, Mini-Pom Poms and colorful felt abound! I mean we honestly can't get enough of it....This week we have made, among other things, bunny lanterns, all the FREE Easter printables you can imagine and Abbey also managed to churn out an entire army of plastic egg pets. We are really on a roll! Last night was the baking/decorating of the egg-shaped sugar cookies. The kids did this themselves....it is very difficult for me to relenquish control of the sprinkles, but in the end, they over took me...and so now after multiple sweepings and vacuumings I am still stepping on colored sugar balls...arg! Today we kept the fun going with the "baptizing of the eggs" and several rounds of "Who can pick up the most plastic eggs before Mommy loses her mind?" Good Game. There has only been one crafting disaster that had to be cut short. It's still too painful to talk about...all I will say is that it involved balloons being precariously suspended from the ceiling light and lots of paste...don't make me say anymore...
Checkout my Facebook page for ALL the photos!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun has been happening at your house! I know my kids wished they lived next door. They would love to be right in there dropping those sprinkles.
    When I was at the dentist office yesterday I looked the Family Fun Magazine. They had some egg animals similar to yours.
    My kids are still in school this week. I'm sure crafts will be part of their Easter Break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We get the family fun magazine and make all kinds of things out of it!

    ReplyDelete