Monday, June 22, 2009

Things are always funnier the next day....when you're conscious....

So, I had a bit of an episode yesterday......
I got up early yesterday morning to begin the meal preparations for the day. As it was Father's Day I was going to bang open a tube of refrigerated cinnamon rolls for Rob's breakfast, but later redeem myself by presenting him with a full turkey dinner for lunch. (Rob's favorite food is "Thanksgiving"). Stop #1 the tea kettle. Gotta have the tea....So I fill it up and turn it on. Stop #2 the bathroom. As I was "bathrooming" I began to feel a little funny, I was certain that I was either going to throw up or faint, neither of which scare me, I just like to get "in position" for either occurrence. I quickly finish and decide, fainting, yes....definitely a fainting feeling. So I lay myself down on the nice cool bathroom floor (Just to give you a visual: I am taller than our upstairs bathroom is long or wide....so it was more of a curling around the toilet and the dog dishes position...) I lay there for a couple minutes and begin to feel better just in time for the kettle to start whistling. Now, it is imperative that I reach the tea kettle and silence it immediately because I DON'T WANT THE KIDS UP YET (I wanted to at least get my potatoes peeled for pete's sake....)
Well, I remember being in the kitchen and reaching for the stove, but turns out I didn't make it. When I "came to" there was both a horrible ringing in my ears from smacking the back of my head on the tile floor, coupled with the incessant whistling from that stupid kettle! Once I realized what had happened, my first thought (of course) is I DON'T WANT THE KIDS UP YET...MUST GET TO THE KETTLE......and I tried again.....and failed.....However, this time I managed to spin around and smack my face flat on the small carpeted step (thank God for small favors) Oh...and did I mention that Rob wasn't home. He had left earlier to round at the hospital.
All the thumping and the whistling must have finally woke the kids, because this time when I "came to" they were up (and the kettle was still whistling).
Now here's the funny part....
Cole and Blake were in the living room watching cartoons. In order for them to be in the living room, they would have had to step over my unconscious body......Abbey emerged from the bathroom and I had her turn off the kettle and get me the phone so I could call Rob. I then called for all the children to assemble around my sprawled and bruised body and proceeded to have the "911" or "Call Daddy" Lesson again. I told them that "THIS" is a perfect example of a time to do so....
So anyways, Rob came home and insisted that we go to the ER. By this time I was feeling OK, but he made me. Kimiko was kind enough to come over and watch the kids while I unwillingly went for my blood work, ekg, chest x-ray, and cat scan. Not that I really want something to be wrong with me, but when you do all of that and then they say "everything is fine", "just take it easy"(yeah right) it's kind of frustrating.....So yes, I am fine, some pain in the head/face/shoulders. If anything I am suffering from a severe case of Father's Day Food Guilt.....We got Arby's/Quizno's on the way home from the hospital and then rounded out the day with a frozen pizza around 9:30....Nicely done, Kyleen!

7 comments:

  1. I have never officially met you, but you are one of the mops moms from Immanuel and i hear about you. You also just met my friend Bridget with her 4 kids also. I just had to comment so that I would stop being your blog stalker and tell you that I'm glad that you're okay but it is pretty funny (now) that the boys stepped over you to get to the cartoons. It is such a little boy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh man!!! I'd blame your blood sugar levels first. Dang! I just can't believe you fell. Ouch. The kids walked right over you huh. I'm in shock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris- Nice to meet you. And it's cool....I'm very flattered to have a stalker....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never fainted in my life. The thought of it is scary. You are so brave. And be glad Chris is your stalker. She writes great comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are doing ok, because this story is great! I would have felt bad laughing if something was wrong with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kyleen! First of all I recommend that when the family partakes of pizza and Quizno's that you eat something other than a salad with light dressing. I will force a hamburger into you if I have to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have not had any other problems since this one. I'm glad you were and are okay.
    It's a great story though. I hope the kids don't over react and call 911 when you have a sneezing fit.

    ReplyDelete