Tuesday, May 26, 2009

On tonight's menu.....CARROTS!!!

As I mentioned last week, it was Abbey's turn at the eye doctor on Thursday. As expected, she did a great job during the exam, very cooperative and interested. She made sure to tell the Dr. that although, she may not be able to see the letters on the wall, she still "knew" all of her letters. (Such a perfectionist!) Sure enough, Abbey needs glasses too! She had a good time trying several pairs on and they will be ready for pick up next week. Now for the self-pity: What kind of mother am I that 2 of my kids have been walking around, practically blind, and I had no idea?! Well anyways to try to thwart any further ocular degeneration, I have been tinkering with a few recipes.... carrottarts, carrot McNuggets (my kids will eat anthing that has the word "Mc" in front of it and can be slathered in ketchup), carrot cream pie, carrots on a bun, carrotcicles...you get the idea...But while I work out the kinks, I have Cole and Kasey hooked up to a carrot juice IV drip just to be safe....

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! Don't feel too bad! I didn't notice Reese's eyes crossing - Matt had to point it out to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right over with some carrot cake. It cures what's ailing ya'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbey looks so beautiful. Count me in for the Carrot Tarts.

    Opa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read a blog where a woman said that she realized that she needed glasses when she was in fifth grade and her friend got some. The thing to do was pass them around the room and try them on. She said she was shocked when she put them on. She saw a poster on the wall and it had words on it!!! Imagine 5th grade! And she's as blind (almost hehe) as a bat!

    ReplyDelete