Saturday, February 21, 2009

And 3 grew back in it's place...

Ok. So here I am, mere weeks from turning the big "3-0" and what do I find lurking on my head this week? You guessed it, my first gray hair. I wasn't even intentionally scrutinizing myself for signs of aging, it just appeared, which was even more upsetting.

So here's what I did....

1.) Resisted the urge to slump down next to the toilet and cry.
2.) Slumped down next to the toilet and cried.
3.) Readjusted the 3-way mirror and lighting just be certain.
4.) Yelled for my husband to a.) confirm my fears, b.) take a picture for blog fodder
5.) Talked myself out of pulling it out...I think I've heard rumors...
6.) Started compiling a mental list of possible matching coverups that I had on hand: maple syrup, a melted chocolate bar, vanilla extract, etc...
7.) Tested said coverups.
8.) Lather, rinse, repeat....lather, rinse, repeat.
9.) Stole all my neighbors newspapers, just for their Nice 'n Easy Coupons.
10.) Accepted it, but prayed that God would give me anything but the "Don King" look.

2 comments:

  1. If the rumor was true about pulling them out... well, I'd have a head of completely white hair. I say pluck away!
    Did you really put vanilla extract and chocolate in your hair? I suddenly feel like making cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chocolate perfect, i go for the nice and easy box :)
    i will NOT go grey, not yet atleast maybe when i am 80 !
    pluck it baby

    ReplyDelete