Sunday, February 22, 2009

A little self-inflicted punishment is good for the soul.

My kids got in some big trouble yesterday. Apparently, while Rob and I were out on Friday night, they were extremely bad for our babysitter. So we had a "sit-down" with them and created a list of suitable punishments for the 3 older ones, which included spending a significant portion of Saturday in their room, among other things... When I took them up to begin the "banishment" I even prayed with them, asking God to help them be on better behavior and to get along with each other. Turns out Abbey (5) was especially convicted, because she spent her entire time copying from her Beginner's Bible and emerged with 12 pages of scripture! She told me she was "studying" Jesus. Bless her heart. Her efforts produced the first 4 days of Creation. Although I think she could have used a little Ephesians 6:1, a truth's a truth, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment