Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mmm...Don't you just love the smell of fresh rubber in the morning?

My crusade against mud and dirt continues... I don't always like to let the kids out in the yard right away in the Spring time because the ground is so wet. It's not that I mind washing their shoes...It's just that incessant banging in the dryer, so that they will be dry for school the next day, that I can't stand. (Note: the shoes are in the dryer, not the kids) So, in honor of Spring and our wet, icky yard, the kids have all earned brand new pairs of rain boots. Stylish aren't they? Although this makes them candidates for their very own episode of "What Not to Wear", the kids all seem very excited about their new footwear. Abbey wore hers the entire first day that I brought them home, even with her nightgown. Cole and Blake continue to wear their's on the wrong feet, no matter how many times I show them. And Kasey, who is new to walking herself, looks like a little bow-legged cowboy, who has had 1 too many...if you know what I mean...

4 comments:

  1. I was actually admiring those little rubber boots when I saw them at school... every child should have them. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The twins and Cole's were from Payless. But they were sale, so don't know how many would be left. For Kasey's I had to go down to the TCP Outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara someone said the dollar store had them. Love these Kyleen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a pair! My kids have had them for years. I'm not sure where I'd wear them, maybe with my nightgown!

    ReplyDelete