Friday, March 27, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do.....Monkey Pie?

Although I am an avid baker, I have never made a simple recipe for Monkey Bread before. The hardest part really is just catching the monkeys. Well, last night Rob "extracted" Cole for a 1-on-1, so to squelch the "That's not fair..." uproar from the others, I told them that they could make some Monkey Bread. So Blake, Abbey, Kasey and I donned our aprons and got up to our elbows in cinammon and sugar. I let the twins do almost all of the work. Abbey got to use a sharp knife, while Blake wielded a "not as lethal" pizza cutter for cutting up our biscuits. I warned Abbey that she had to be VERY CAREFUL. Fingers don't grow back, you know...Blake, being the caring brother, assured her that if she were to cut off her finger that he knows a place where they have "extras" and they would fix her up. (Last month the twins were with Rob at Wright & Filipis Medical Supply. The owner found out that Rob was a Dr. and offered to give he and the kids a tour of the "back", this includes all the prosthetics, etc.. Creep-Out!) But no fingers were lost. The only injury was when Kasey whacked me in the knee with an enormous wooden spoon. Rob and Cole arrived home just in time for the unveiling. Then everyone sat around the table with big glasses of milk and monkey-ed it up! It was so good in fact, that Cole snuck down after bedtime and asked "Where the Monkey Pie was?" and sneaked a knub up to bed with him. Disclaimer: No real monkeys were harmed in the baking of this bread.....

5 comments:

  1. Very funny! Glad I know a source for extra fingers! You're such a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made monkey bread in years. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mokey bread is my favorite of them ALL!!!

    the bad thing about posting food is you might hear the door bell ring.... it's me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bread. Bread of any kind, really. But with cinnamon and sugar... yummmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband regularly talks about the monkey breads that were a weekly part of his childhood. Too many allergies around here now!

    ReplyDelete